Monday, March 10, 2014

Did you really say that?

This Sunday, while I was trying to find something to watch on tv, I came across the worst line I have ever heard on a series. The series was NCIS Los Angeles. The line was so incredibly stupid, I wondered how it even got past the director, the producer, or any extra even standing by. Here's what led up to this incredibly idiotic line, Apparently a man has been "rescued" from the sea and now lies on the beach. When a character on the show asks for details, the reply is, "A lifeguard pulled him from the sea, and tried to revive him. But apparently he's been dead for a couple of days." How is it even possible that a lifeguard wouldn't recognize a bloated body that's been dead for a couple of days? Who could pen a line like that? And who could let it be used in a script?  Why do I ask, the rest of the dialog wasn't much better? And to make a bad thing worse, this show features Linda Hunt, a brilliant Academy Award winning actress for her role in The Year of Living Dangerously. Sadly she was required to speak lines that aren't much better than those regarding the body on the beach. Since I don't watch shows like this, I will agree that it could have been just one really bad episode of an otherwise good series

No comments:

Post a Comment