Saturday, March 22, 2014

The best Jesus ever.

Despite being an atheist, I love Biblical films. So, yes, I am looking forward to seeing Noah, as absurd as the story is. As a kid I loved all those bible epics, including: The Ten Commandments, Solomon and Sheba, Samson and Delilah, and not only did I love King of Kings, I thought Jeffrey Hunter was the best Jesus ever. But there is a religious film coming out that greatly offends me because, as far as I'm concerned it's been a con game from day one. The film is Heaven is for Real, based on the alleged experiences of a young boy who visited Heaven and came back with a full report. To me it is obvious this brat was coached by his parents to make up a story that would make them a fortune, which it did. They obviously knew that gullible evangelicals all over America would lap up this insipid lie and believe every word. Now Hollywood will be taking in more money from moviegoers who don't care if they're being duped, which they are. But forgetting this scam, I still love biblical epics, and will be curious to compare Russell Crowe's Noah with John Huston's.

No comments:

Post a Comment