Thursday, March 20, 2014

One photo is repulsive. A whole show? Never!

I don't watch reality TV, but I can understand why some people like it. Well, some of it anyway. I can see why people get hooked on Survivor (is that still on?) and its exotic settings. I can see why people get attached to someone on American Idol (is that still on?), and I can understand why the watch Dancing with the Stars, The Biggest Loser, The Amazing Race and almost all of those mindless shows which of course, are not real at all. (Let's face it to film an episode in the supposedly dangerous jungle, you need cameramen, wardrobe, makeup, art directors and all kinds of people.) But never mind that. What I cannot understand is why anyone would watch Duck Dynasty. I would vomit just looking at those ugly men and those shaggy beards which must harbor any number of forgotten food items. Why would anyone want to know about the daily lives of these bigoted anti-gay nutcase evangelicals.  I know this hideous show has high ratings. I can't imagine why. Unless millions of people tune in to say, "Thank god I don't look like that, live like that, or think like that."

No comments:

Post a Comment