Thursday, March 27, 2014

It all began with a broom.

Here's a secret that not many people know. While many cleaning women are just that, women, ordinary women, many others are witches. My cleaning woman is a witch. I don't hire her all that often because it's cheaper to do it myself. But I never get it as clean as she does. Why? Because she's a witch. She doesn't even spend all that much time here, and when I return (I'm never around when she's performing her magic) she has the floors gleaming as I never could, the shower door streak-free, and everything else cleaner and more orderly than she could possibly have done in just three hours.  I was thinking of getting a cleaning-lady-cam. But what if she found out?  It's never wise to play with black magic or get on the wrong side of a witch. Who knows? I could end up as a bottle of Pine Sol.

No comments:

Post a Comment