Thursday, March 6, 2014

No laughing matter.

I know The Heartbeat of Home, the successor to Riverdance is supposed to be a spectacular display of international dance, erotic muscularity, youthful beauty, and thrilling music. And I'm sure it is to 99% of its audience. But I'm sorry, I find it hilariously funny to see all these attractive young people looking so damned serious and doing this jumping, stomping, leaping, spinning over-the-top choreography, much of it with their arms rigidly by their sides reminding me of a very funny Seinfeld episode. I must admit I was impressed during the first five minutes but then it suddenly seemed just as comical to me as the drag ballerinas of the Ballet Trockadero. Unfortunate really, because once you've roared with laughter at this oh-so-intense company, you can't ever take it serious again.

No comments:

Post a Comment