Thursday, March 27, 2014

Never,never, never, never funny.

I know at least eight people, like me, who would not go to see any movie that showed any kind of animal abuse, even if it were meant to be humorous, which it never is. So when I just saw a commercial for the Grand Budapest Hotel in which someone  asked, "Did you just throw a cat out the window?" they lost any interest I may have had in the film and any goodwill I feel about. I call this stupid. How intelligent do you have to be when making a film to appeciate that millions of people are animal lovers and are not even slightly amused at any kind of offense against animals like, say, throwing a cast out a window?  If I were the producers of that film, I would make sure that the scene is removed a.s.a.p. and that a press release notified moviegoers of such.

Note: I learned today that the cat indeed dies, which makes me nauseated and detest this film. For animals lovers like me there is a website that lets you know the degree of animal absue in a film.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/03/26/does-the-dog-die_n_5035939.html

No comments:

Post a Comment