Sunday, May 18, 2014

Miscarriage.

I was very unfair. I commented on the new mini-series Rosemary's Baby before I had seen it. I just assumed it would be another tepid copy of a great movie, with a weak script, second rate actors and unimaginative direction. Well I watched it last night. And I must say, it has a very weak script, second rate actors and unimaginative direction. The leads are pleasant enough, but eminentaly replaceable. The only standout performer is French actress and fashion model Carole Bouquet, who adds a lot of class to this production. The overrated Ms. Holland offers her usual dull direction and Sapphic touches throughout. Unlike Roman Polansky's masterpiece, this film does not have a moment of tension and instead of teasing us with terrifying suggestions, we are walloped with sickening scenes of bloodshed and savagery. Paris, beautiful as it is, adds nothing. Well, not true. While you're half-ignoring this predictable movie, you're thinking, "Hmm. I should really go to Paris again. What a beautiful city."

No comments:

Post a Comment