Saturday, November 9, 2013

If there's one thing I'm sick of, it's signing in and using passwords. It's exhausting living in a paranoid world. I doubt very much if I will ever purchase another item or service from anyone who requires me to sign in and provide a password, especially when they specify it must have six vowels, one number, and a character, you know, like $. And I know that I will immediately stop communicating with any Internet site that asks me to type out a captcha. What a depressing world we live in. Everybody is terrified of being ripped off or cheated in some way. Companies won't  provide headquarter addresses anymore. You can't even write a civilized letter to criticize or praise a company. And for celebrities the days of fan mail are over: unless you write to the post office box in China that forwards it to the secret address in Wisconsin that eventually sends it to the agent's niece in California who may or may not get it to the star. And without fan mail how do you know how you're going over. You don't. Which is probably why so many celebs are so lackluster these days. No feedback.

Note: What idiot invented captchas ? And why do so many other idiots think they are an effective means of rooting out non-persons. More often than not, you cannot read the damn things, in which case the provider will pop up another equally indiscernible captcha for your annoyance. I would guess companies have lost more business from customers pissed off by captchas than they ever gained by their use.

No comments:

Post a Comment