Monday, November 25, 2013

Show me the sofa.

I wouldn't call myself a philanthropist, but I do give as much as I can to charities. Mostly to animal charities. And I am often amazed at how stupid they are. Stupid because they send these lurid mailers telling the recipient how certain animals are used for experiments, or abused, or homeless and hungry and including heartbreaking photos.  How illogical. Persons who love animals and donate to charities that protect and house them are not likely to even look at a photo of an abused dog or cat. I can't even watch movies in which an animal is mistreated or killed. Years ago on the first episode of Yes, Dear they made a joke out of running over a cat. I never watched that show again. Anyway, if you want donations from me show me a dog that was once homeless but who now lives in luxury and safety. Show me a cat, not in his former alley, but on a plush sofa in a loving home. I know animals are mistreated around the world. I don't need to see why my money is needed, I need to see what is can do.

No comments:

Post a Comment