Saturday, December 13, 2014

Finally, something to watch.

After night after night of having nothing to watch, I began to wonder why I even pay the high price I do for Comcast. Even their On Demand features seems to offer only second-rate movies. Their first-run features, which cost $5.99 and up are almost always a disappointment. Then someone recommended Roku to me. Amazingly it cost less than $50.00. I attached it to my television, signed up for Netflix and Acorn from its many many source choices, and voila! something worth watching every night. Not on Netlix, mind you. But Acorn. This service which provides the best of British television offers an endless supply of outstanding dramas, excellent mysteries, and riveting police shows, most without the endless commercials of U.S. TV, even paid channels. We've already gone through every episode of Murder in Suburbia, which saddens me. Another great series was Trivia, which has characters and a theme unlike anything available here. Among the many comedies is  pseudo quiz show called IQ, which actually requires one of its viewers.  Almost every detective show is better than anything the U.S. offers because the people seem real. And right now we're binging on a fantastic 13-part series called A Place to Call Home.  If you have a sore thumb from the futile act of sofa surfing, I recommend that get Roku and sign up for Acorn.

No comments:

Post a Comment