Saturday, December 6, 2014

You're violent or you're not.

I used to be a big fan of actor Mark Wahlberg. But I find difficult now to enjoy his films knowing that he was a thug. Of course he tries to pull the, "I was troubled teen" crap and says he turned his life around. Yes, he turned it around when he found success. Otherwise he would still be out there drinking, doing drugs, and assaulting people as he did before. In 1988, Wahlberg who was 16, hit a man over the head with a wooden stick during his theft of two cases of alcohol. While trying to avoid the police, he punched another man in the face. These were just two of his acts of thuggery. But now that he's wealthy, admired, and admittedly a very good actor, he wants everyone to forget that he was a nasty little thug and would have remained so if fate hadn't dealt him such a great hand. I grew up in Boston. I remember his type well.

No comments:

Post a Comment