Monday, December 29, 2014












I don't know much about the war between Miami taxis and uber drivers, but  do know I have no sympathy for Miami cabs. I have lived here for more than twenty years and think Miami cab service like Miami transit sucks. I just arrived home in a taxi. The driver had no idea where I lived, took the longest route to get there, spoke very little English and was a half-hour late in picking us up. That's typical in Miami. The usually crusty female dispatchers always tell you ten to 15 minutes when it's more like 30 to 45, if the cab shows up at all. You can't easily get a cab on the street. Some drivers get pissed if you're not going on an long trip. Some play loud music. Many have b.o. I even had one years ago who must have arrived from England because he drove on the wrong side of the street and nearly got us killed. No, sorry, I don't really care if Miami cabdrivers are losing customers to uber. Unless, of course, uber drivers are even worse, which is hard to imagine.





No comments:

Post a Comment