Sunday, December 21, 2014

A very unclear skyy.

I was lucky. I was writing copy during a great age for advertising. True is was after the 60s, but still at a time when concepts and wit counted. Many of the Boston copywriters were actual writers. Some wrote books, others plays. Today's copywriters are often near-illiterates turned out by costly ad schools believing, and probably rightly so, that all one needs is a headline. You don't even need to make sense anymore. Here's a poster I saw today for SKYY Vodka. I couldn't find it on the Internet so I'll tell you what it looked like.  It was all type except for the top of a SKYY bottle. The headline and copy was:
LIKE YOUR
LAST SELFIE

FILTERED TO GREATNESS

West of expected.

I have no idea what any of that means. Which means that it doesn't mean anything or a I am totally out of touch with today's world.

No comments:

Post a Comment