Monday, December 8, 2014

A hundred bucks for what?

One of life's greatest annoyance is having charges to your credit card that you didn't approve. Often it's some kind of scam where if you even slightly hit the wrong button,they'll sign you up for an annual fee hoping you don't notice. And it isn't always low-life merchants. Today in my Citicard bill I got a charge for AmazonPrimeMembership for $103.72. When I called the number the sweet Pakistani who answered was very agreeable to giving me a credit, but could not (or would not) tell me what AmazonPrimeMembership was or how I got on their hit list. I always thought of Amazon as a massive, but honest, company I will have to change my opinion after the 37 minutes I spend on the phone trying to straighten out a financial tangle which they created. I hope you all check your credit card bills very, very carefully.


No comments:

Post a Comment