Friday, April 11, 2014

Constant interruptions.

The Internet is becoming increasingly obnoxious. Unfortunately I don't know enough about how it works to know whether it's Comcast that's being such a pain in the ass or the Internet in general. It's not easy being a Luddite. What else is not easy is dealing with pop commercials when I get e-mail from friends. Or dealing with audio commercials when I am trying to read an article. When did this kind of intrusive advertising become acceptable? It wasn't around a year ago. Recently I got an e-mail giving me a progress report on a friend that was very ill. As I was reading it, an audio ad popped on for some insurance company. Are we supposed to find these kind of promotions acceptable?
I also plan to make it a rule to never avail myself of any product that was stalking me on the Internet.

No comments:

Post a Comment