Wednesday, April 9, 2014

No sale.

Today I tried to shop at three stores in Miami. Each visit brought its own disappointments. I went to Sears looking for a radio/CD player. I was surprised to see that they had no radios at all. They had Blue Tooth thingees, whatever that is, and lots of wireless devices that didn't appear to be radios. But an AM/FM radio with a CD player was not to be had. My next stop was PetSmart, a store I always go to against my better judgement and always leave in a state of annoyance. Why? Because they are outrageously overpriced and generally understaffed.  The flea prevention product I wanted is $23.00 at my vet and $28.00 on a recommended Internet site. True to form, PetSmart had the very same product priced at $41.00, at best a $13.00 difference.  You would think a store that specializes in pet supplies would have lower prices. My final stop was Marshall's where I went to buy some shirts. But they, as usual, were playing crappy music at a too-high for concentration volume. I left almost immediately, wondering who convinced merchants that consumers, including so many over 50, like myself, just love shopping to screeching rock songs that repeat the single lyric as many as 24 times (yes, I counted).

No comments:

Post a Comment