Tuesday, April 15, 2014

A wig or a woman?

I saw something today I thought was, at the very least, suspicious. I called the non-emergency number of the Miami Police Department. The dispatcher I got was so dense that I could not make her understand the situation, and being unable to, she hung up on me. Since I was at Starbucks I asked a policeman customer his opinion. He was obviously not impressed nor interested and acted as if my concern was totally unfounded. Let's see what you think. It is 6am. I am sitting at a bus bench waiting for the 24 Limited to Coral Gables. It is not completely light out. I suddenly notice a dark car going by and oddly, there is long blonde lustrous hair hanging below the front passenger door. The car passes. What could that have been? A wig caught in the closing door? Possibly. But unlikely. A woman lying curled up on the floor of the front seat? Also possible. But if the door were closed on her hair and she were conscious, she would notice. I see these as the only two possibilities. Obviously there is no way to locate the car without the license number. But I am still surprised that the Miami Police would be so dismissive of these facts. I didn't the license number, but then, again, they didn't even ask.

Note: If you saw a car like the one above passing you within six feet of where you were sitting and there was lustrous blonde hair hanging from the bottom of the front passenger door, wouldn't you wonder why?

No comments:

Post a Comment