Tuesday, July 8, 2014

I'll never get it.

There are hundreds of reasons I detest sports. I won't go into them now. I do, however, plan on writing a book about my many reasons in the future. But I will state that I cannot understand how anyone can be so involved with a bunch of rich strangers playing with a ball that if one team wins they, the spectator. feel in some way victorious, elated, and celebratory any more than I can fathom how that same spectator, if their team loses, feels defeated, humiliated and depressed. This photo is not of a woman who lost a child, or was told that her village was set ablaze by terrorists and everybody died, but of a Brazilian soccer fan when her team lost of Germany in the semi-finals.

Note: If this isn't madness enough, tonight Huffington Post had a headline stating: Jesus Wept for Brazil.

No comments:

Post a Comment