Monday, July 7, 2014

Don't be so %$%%##@$$## polite.

Getting old is irritating. The only defense one has for advancing age is to stay healthy and keep in shape. At least then you can kid yourself that you look younger than you are. If you're highly imaginative, you can even think "much younger". It works. But just when you're feeling hale and hearty and very proud of yourself, some goody-two-shoes spoils it all with an act of what they consider politeness. Today a woman offered me her seat on the bus. I didn't accept of course, and was tempted to punch her in the mouth, Especially since she had shoe-polish-black dyed hair and crow's feet. I don't have crow's feet. Every time this happens it ruins my day. Years ago the trigger to a black mood was the goofy ticket taker or clerk who asked or gave one the "Senior Discount." Since I assume anyone who is reading my blog is intelligent, I won't even give you the following advice. But if you have idiotic friends, please tell them to not be polite to seniors. I personally would rather stand for two hours than have someone offer me their seat. I would rather pay full price for just about anything than to be offered the senior discount. If you're close to may age, 71, you'll know what I mean. And if you're not, you will eventually.

No comments:

Post a Comment