Thursday, July 3, 2014

They must work for someone.

Here's a really good idea: Greenie's Pill Pockets. They are soft, hollowed-out treats into which you can insert any pill that your pet is required to take. The idea is that it will save you fighting with your cat or dog to down a pill they consider nasty It's such a good idea that I bought a package at Petsmart for $7.99 (the maker's suggested retail price is $4.99).  But I figured it was worth being ripped off yet again by the always over-priced Petsmart if my cat eagerly gobbled down his pill hidden in the Pill Pocket. There was only one problem. My cat would not eat the damn thing. When I tried giving it to him without a pill inside, he was just as disdainful. Assuming he was fussy, I tried giving one of these treats to my other two cats. Nothing doing. They sniffed it and walked away. Aha, I thought. They're spoiled insiders. I'm sure my outside cat will consider it a rare and wonderful treat. Wrong. She sniffed it, and walked way just as quickly. I'd write to the company, but their address and phone is so hard to read, and I'm sure they couldn't care less. I think I'll leave them out in a dish tonight and see if that ravenous raccoon is willing to take them.

No comments:

Post a Comment