Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Twice fooled.

Today I went to Home Depot to buy paint. I didn't need a lot just a small amount to paint a prop I need for an amateur play I am doing. One of the displays was for Martha Stuart glitter paints. The colors were nice and I thought I should buy some. But in the back of my mind there was a little hesitation. I didn't know why, And I ignored it and bought the paint. When I got home, I set up the drop cloth, etc. and anticipated how nice this purple glitter paint would look. Then I put down the first brushful and it was obvious to me that the paint was thin that it would take about eight coats to create any kind of attractive finish. Then I remembered. Two or three years ago I bought a Martha Stewart paint for my bathroom and it took ages to finish the job since even three coats weren't enough. I had vowed at the time never to buy Martha Stewart paint again. Unfortunately I forgot. The good news is that you can learn from my mistakes. I don't know a thing about other Martha Stewart products, but I can tell you this: her paint sucks.

No comments:

Post a Comment