Thursday, July 11, 2013

Freeloaders.

If you're Catholic, sorry. But as an atheist, I see these Cardinals as freeloaders, parasites, hypocrites and sybarites. I suspect many of them don't believe in god any more than I do, but they have found a soft job with tons of respect, fabulous meals, lots of travel, provided wardrobe and apparently lots of opportunities for sex with the gender and age of your choice. Priests I put on a lower level of hypocrisy, Having grown up in Boston, I saw hordes of overweight, indulgent clergy drinking and eating at the best restaurants (while Boston's poor went hungry) but I am sure there are lots of hardworking, naive, and possibly even celibate priests doing "god's work" even though god doesn't exist. Many others I think use the church as a hiding place from their own inabilities and fears. I think the same is true of most nuns. And while we know there are many beatific, charitable nuns slaving away all over the world dispensing charity while proselytizing Roman Catholic bullshit, there are also hardened straight and lesbian sadists taking joy in making the lives of children in parochial schools miserable with their sadistic demands. But don't think I feel this way just about the Roman Catholics. While I believe many religious people sincerely believe in this absurd magic thinking and use their delusion for the good of mankind (even though they would be good people without it), I am sure that every religion is filled with god frauds who take advantage of their church since they are not afraid of going to hell since they know there is no such place, unlike their trusting congregations.

No comments:

Post a Comment