Thursday, July 25, 2013

"Just doing my thing, man."

There's no question about it: Anthony Weiner is a jerk. He had a good position, the respect of the community and the admiration of his wife. Then he screwed it all up with his taste in sexual narcissism that I don't understand and I don't need to. But just as idiotic as him in my mind are all these priggish moralists like Chris Matthews who are so offended, so outraged, so morally indignant you'd think Weiner was part of their family. The very fact that they waste so much news time discussing his shame is annoying as hell. There are more important issues than this. I couldn't care less what Weiner does in his spare time as long as he's not hurting any person or animal. Even if he had a high political office, I wouldn't care if he did his job. We are the most uptight and prudish county in the western world.

No comments:

Post a Comment