Friday, August 19, 2016

GOLD MEDAL JERK.

Unlike most Jingoistic sports fans, I don't expect our athletes at the Olympics to be any better behaved than they are at home. So I'm not surprised that young male athletes stay out late, get drunk, then act like idiots. I am especially not surprised that the arrogant bleached blond ringleader flew out early and left his other miscreants to face the music. Already Ryan Lochte's  "apology" has been ridiculed in the press for its complete lack of being apologetic and absurdly full of excuses. What he should have said succinctly was, "I lied. I am so ashamed." Someone who should also be ashamed is Rio Olympics spokesman Mario Andrada stating that no apology was needed, adding "We have to understand that these kids came here to have fun. Let's give these kids a break. Sometimes you make decisions that you later regret. They had fun, they made a mistake, life goes on." I guess, like Lochte, Andrada's idea of fun is to get plastered, kick in a gas station door, urinate on the floor, and then invent a ridiculous lie that was easily disproved and hurtful to all of his well-behaved fellow athletes.

No comments:

Post a Comment