Monday, August 22, 2016

TOO MUCH INFORMATION

Over the years, I have had many massages. It was no big deal. You go to a licensed masseur or masseuse, either in private practice or as part of a spa and you get a massage. Since having back problems, I  decided to try Massage Envy. The fact that the male receptionist was snooty didn't bother me so much as their request for I.D. as well as my credit card, which has my picture on it. Did I look like a criminal who was out to rip off a massage? I also thought their recommendation for a tip was excessive. No matter. However, when another employee told me that I had to fill out a multi-question form, I rebelled.  I told her that I was there for a massage and not to apply for job, so they could forget the whole thing. And I left.  Later that month, I became a member of the Coral Gables Art Theater, which wasn't cheap at $40 a year, not including free admissions. When I didn't receive the promised newsletter I called them. It seems that I had not filled out all the forms required to receive this e-mail. Silly me. I didn't see why I should have to jump through hoops to go to the movies.  I thought my membership fee and e-mail address would be enough. More and more every place you go wants far more information than is necessary.

No comments:

Post a Comment