Saturday, August 27, 2016

THE MISTAKE EVERYBODY MAKES.

All of us are guilty of some grammatical error, misuse of a word, a double entendre, or even a malapropism. But there is one error we have all been making for years, maybe centuries. It is so common, most people wouldn't even accept that it's wrong, but it is. Quite simply it's this: There is no reason to say, "the reason why". It's redundant. Why say, "The reason why I went to France was to study."? when you can say, "The reason I went to France was to study." You'll find this works just as well in any reason why, or reasons why, situation. The reason I wrote this blog was I just realized this simple truth myself.

Note: See how much better the above sentence would read written correctly: Forget all the reasons it won't work and believe the one reason it will.

No comments:

Post a Comment