Saturday, January 24, 2015

What are companies thinking?















This week some creep in California used a copy of my Citibank credit card to charge some costly crap. Fortunately the bank called me, we isolated the false charges, and they said they would send me a new card right away. True to their word, they did. The only problem was in big letters on the sticker it said,"To activate..." and then gave a web address (is that what it's called). I hate doing anything on the computer other than writing, but having no choice I did. When I got the site, I saw there were about ten sites that sounded the same and I didn't know what to do. Why couldn't they just give me a phone number? I figured I would get more direction from the teeny, tiny type under the web address. But I couldn't read it, not even with my glasses. Thus began the hunt for my loupe or the magnifying glass I bought at Barnes & Noble. I spent a half an hour in search of both, and finally found the loupe, which I needed because this type was really small. I put it to my eye, pressed it against the card, and right under the large "To activate line..." were the opening words, "Or you can call..."

No comments:

Post a Comment