Friday, January 30, 2015


Is it just me, or has everything become either complicated or impossible. Yesterday I wanted to buy a parsons table at Staples. The clerk, a young man, led me to a computer on which I was supposed to fill out all the information on delivery. When I made a typo, he said we'd have to do it over again. I said "no" and left. Later I called the store to see if my filling out the form on a computer was de rigeur. The manager didn't speak English. She left me on-hold for some reason which wasn't clear. During the ten minutes I foolishly waited, three different people picked up the phone and said, "Staples, can I help you?"They couldn't and she never came back. Today I had to schedule a pickup from FedEx. I called their 800 number for advice, but the automatic voice could not process anything not programmed and could not connect me with a human being. I am at a loss how to get this package picked up. I remember the days before computers. You spoke with a person. Things happened.

No comments:

Post a Comment