Sunday, January 18, 2015

Just as repulsive under any name.

I wonder why so many Republican politicians don't use their given names. Are they still trying to cling to their college days when they all had nicknames for each other like Buzz, Scout, and Gipper? I mean I can understand Randal Paul being called Rand. And I can see why Mr. Jindal didn't want to be called Piyush, (still why choose such a juvenile appellation as Bobby?). But why is Rafael Cruz called Ted?  Is he ashamed of his Hispanic heritage? Does he think Ted sounds more American? And does Willard Romney assume the term for a baseball glove carries more weight than the name of a cinema rat. I can't imagine why Mr. Perry thinks Rick is better than his Christian name James, or why John Bush wants to be called Jeb. Oh, well, who understands anything these guys do.

No comments:

Post a Comment