Friday, January 16, 2015

When 'tis folly to be wise.

                     I don't know why it is so dangerous in political circles to admit that you're an atheist. Frankly I would feel much better if America had a president who didn't believe in magical thinking, wasn't certain that Noah rounded up two of every animal in the world, and didn't believe that some unseen supreme beings' opinion mattered more than his.  I would be more comfortable with someone who was working his ass off for peace and not praying for it on Sunday morning. Of course we'll never really know which of our presidents were atheists since they would never admit it. But I have to assume that a man with that much  intelligence (not counting George W) and power would have to be realistic enough to question anything as flimsy and unproven as religious lore. I'll bet Lyndon was an atheist, even if he was from Texas.      

No comments:

Post a Comment