Sunday, January 11, 2015

Try it.


Lots of people seem to get annoyed at me when I tell them how much I hate Saturday Night Live. Far from being brilliant sketch comedy, it think SNL is weak, witless and dumb. The bits are obvious, the impressions are generally weak (yes, except for Tina Fey as Sarah Palin) and the writing sucks because all too often they try to satire something that is already satirical.  But I think I know why so many people think it's funny. Because they haven't been exposed to better. So if you're a fan of SNL, and I don't know why you would be, I suggest you go to your computer and watch some of The Big Train, The Sketch Show, or French & Saunders, all hilarious British series with comedians far more talented and versatile than those on SNL who do the weak impressions of the week's news. Then you can tell me (not that anyone ever writes to me) that you think SNL is equal to those shows. I won't agree, but you can tell me.

Note: When I posted this it had a complete Sketch Show on, then it didn't, then it did. So if it's not there you may have to look it up on the Internet.

No comments:

Post a Comment