Tuesday, October 29, 2013

"Sorry, didn't know you were there."

There are a lot of pretentious people in the world. I have a particularly disrespect for bikers. Partly because so many of them who are are only biking a few miles get outfitted as if they were entering the Tour de France. But I admit that's my peculiar prejudice. What I really resent are the number of stupid bikers. These are the bikers who come up behind you while you're walking and pass you very closely, usually on the right. This they do without ever announcing their approach or providing so much as an "Excuse me".  Forget that age-old bicycle bell, that's not macho enough for a guy in a Spandex girdle. Why is this stupid? Because they have no idea that the person they are passing isn't about to make a wide armed descriptive gesture that will send them sailing right into oncoming traffic and, more than likely, certain death. I have no idea what the statistics are on bicycle deaths, but I would bet many are caused by this very act.

No comments:

Post a Comment