Friday, October 11, 2013

One of these animals is not needed.

I jusr saw a show called The World's Funniest Animal Commercials featuring an insipid host, John Henson, whom I hope is no relation to the creator of the Muppets. There were several things I hated about this show, none of which were the commercials. Most of the commercials were funny and some were very clever. What this show, and all the shows like this,  do not need is a host. Just show the damned commercials, one after another. Viewers do not need some boring commentary which adds nothing to the entertainment factor and is just something you have to get through. The other thing I hated was Henson referring to a chimpanzee as a monkey.  This error always annoys the hell out of me. A chimp is an ape, not a monkey, and anyone who thinks otherwise sounds ignorant, like the boring John Henson.

Note: This applies double for It Only Hurts When I Laugh, a show that would funny if you could just watch the clips, but becomes torment when you have to listen to the juvenile, apparently sex-starved narrator.

No comments:

Post a Comment