Friday, October 4, 2013

"Thanks, but no thanks."

The City of Miami has, for some reason, just introduced free trolley service along the popular Coral Way route from downtown to the Miracle Mile in Coral Gables. I don't understand why they want to give up the thousands of daily $2.00 fees from commuters, but there must be a reason. At my age, I get free service anyway, so this means nothing to me. In fact, it's a bad thing. Because while the transit busses are music-free, the trolleys allow the drivers to play any music they like. So if you hop aboard, don't plan on reading or settling any logistics problems because you will be subject to loud rap music, ear-shattering rock and roll, and hispanic talk stations. I not only don't speak the language but have no interest in any talk station. I called the number on the glossy card they handed out to introduce this new service and the message I got was this: "Sorry, but the number you called is no longer in service." This reminds me of the city's old slogan, "Once you call it home. It gets even better."

No comments:

Post a Comment