Friday, October 11, 2013

After 17 phone calls, mostly hangups and disconnects, I finally have e-mail back. Of course I don't have group e-mail, which was the problem in the first place. And my partner didn't have e-mail. I called them again today (18th call) and text chatted with a woman in India. At a certain point, she called me and told me to close all my computer windows. I said, "Shall I shut off the computer." She answered, "Yes, shut off the computer." I did.  And when I asked her what to do next, she was gone, like so many others, never to call again. Fortunately, Comcast, has one intelligent technician, only one, and he quickly answered all my questions and got me up and running, sort of. I actually called A T &  T to switch service, but then decided that wouldn't be any better and they want you to sign a two-year contract, which I am not about to do.

Note: I am not saying that American phone personnel would do a better job than Indians (who are very charming) but it would be nice to see jobs coming back to the United States.

No comments:

Post a Comment