Thursday, October 3, 2013

Put down that tray.

One of the habits of modern Americans that drives me wild is their willingness to perform inappropriate chores for high-priced businesses. Specifically, I am referring to their bussing their own tables after having a meal.  Don't get me wrong. I approve of doing this when the restaurant is a fast-food establishment with reasonable prices, or any restaurant with reasonable prices. Having to hire less maintenance help keeps the prices low. But one does not clean up after dining in an establishment that charges high prices, even if they do have a dozen well-placed trash bins. I noticed this recently at Disney World, where the prices are outrageously high, despite being a paper cup and foam outlet. Yet the ripped-off customers still robotically clean up after themselves. What's next: washing the dishes and mopping the floor?

No comments:

Post a Comment