Sunday, October 6, 2019

WHERE ARE THE ARTISTS OF YESTERYEAR.

I can't possibly be the only American who detests the low-brow, screaming, repetitive music I have to listen to at every coffee shop, store, and doctor's office. But it does appear that I am the only one who objects because whenever I do, the offending merchant always says, "You're the only person to complain." Is that even possible when so many songs have no form, no tunes, no talent behind them. Many pop songs have a single lyric line repeated about 50 times. Does the American public really like these non-songs, or has the publishing business sold businesses and consumers a bill of goods?

2 comments:

  1. YOU'RE NOT ALONE. HAVE ACTUALLY GONE TO THE MANAGER OF A STRORE AND ASKED THAT THEY TURN THE MUSIC DOWN OR OFF. HIS ANSWER WAS THAT HAD NO CONTROL OF THE MUSIC, "IT COMES FROM CORPORATE" I AM NOT SHOUTING - I FORGOT TO UNCAP THE LETTERS.

    ReplyDelete