Monday, October 14, 2019

COMCAST HOLDS TCM FANS HOSTAGE FOR ANOTHER PRICE INCREASE.

Many seniors like me depend on Turner Classic Movies for commercial-free entertainment featuring 24-hour mostly classic movies. And for years I have had access to these films for a premium price that I was told was included in the package I was required to choose. Now Comcast, in their endless greed, has removed TCM from my viewing choices (oddly enough right in the middle of Giant) so they can slam it into their military and sports package and charge customers $9.00 more. I personally have no interest in sports of military, and not wishing to be blackmailed into paying more money have opted out. I was told I would save nothing since I was never charged for TCM, which is, of course, a bold-faced lie. I don't know why our government doesn't do something about these robber barons who control entertainment and despite demanding money for cable still inundate users with a zillion commercials. Comcast, alias Xfinity, is the most hated company in America for obvious reasons. Trying to reach them is a blood-pressure soaring event, and when you do you are often dealing with an angry, robotic American  or a sickeningly obsequious clerk in Japan or India. Why don't I switch to A T & T? Because I am told they are just as greedy and equally difficult.

P.S. I just spoke to a friend in Boston who is as furious as I am about this Comcast bullshit. I am sure that there are TCM fans everywhere who are furious about this situation. Hmm. As if Comcast wasn't hated enough, they pull a stunt like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment