Friday, June 18, 2010

Promises. Promises.



The commercials for both Red Lobster and Olive Garden are mouth-wateringly wonderful. The
beauty shots of succulent lobster dripping with melted butter and the closeups of fat, luscious shrimp make you want to leap up and head for the nearest outlet. Of course, you feel the same way when you see those spectacular pasta dishes and garlic bread for Olive Garden. The only problem is that the commercials are always far more appetitizing than the entrees at either of these restaurants. Every time I have been to either of these chains (not that often, I will admit) I found the food decidedly ordinary and others have told me the same thing. So, in this case, I can't give my compliments to the chef, but instead send my compliments to the ad agencies.

2 comments:

  1. I've never been to a Red Lobster, but my one visit to an Olive Garden scarred me for life. In fact, I had to go into therapy. Run, run, run away from Olive Garden, as fast as you can!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you were so harmed by Olive Garden, I advise you to stay away from Red Lobster. Not that I wish to tar the whole chain with my experience, but I cannot say that I ever had a satisfactory meal at the one in Miami, Boston or Los Angeles. Why did I keep going back? I kept assuming it was a bad night.

    ReplyDelete