Sunday, June 20, 2010

If a train is travelling 60 miles an hour....


I hate mathematical puzzles because I'm not good at them. But here's a commercial that completely baffles me. It's for Scotch Blue painter's tape, a product which I think is terrific. The woman using it says, "After I painted this wall, I masked it with Scotch Blue painter's tape to add another color." But the wall has three colors: white and two two other colors in the orange/rust family. Now if she means she painted the wall white, then masked it, she added not another, but two other, colors. If the wall was already white, then she didn't paint the wall and then add the tape, as she would had to mask it before she added both the second and third color. This commercial like the smell of paint itself gives me a headache.

2 comments:

  1. I count at least four colors, if you include the gray.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're quite right. But in the commerciall the woman spoke only of the fireplace wall and I don't think it was exactly that wall, but a similar one. I could not find the correct commercial to include though I see it several times a day.

    ReplyDelete