Sunday, December 6, 2020

WHY DO I BOTHER?

 I fall for it every time. Well, almost every time. The Internet suggests that a skit on SNL is hilarious and curiosity gets the best of me. So I watch it. Or most of it. It is never funny, always overwritten, always over-acted, and nobody ever looks or sounds like the person they're supposed to be. This weeks supposedly hilarious skit with an imitation Rudolph Giuliani and Melissa Carone (whoever she is) wasn't only unfunny but grade-school vulgar. Together with my partner, we have written over 200 comedy skits and with Trump arrogance I will insist that every one of them is funnier, more trenchant, and more believable than anything I have seen on Saturday Night Live. And I will say with Biden modesty that few of them are nearly as clever or funny as what I have seen on French and Saunders(shown below), The Big Train and almost any British TV skit show.


No comments:

Post a Comment