Sunday, December 27, 2020

ADS INFINITUM

Last night CBS ran Lizzie Borden Took and Axe on their 48 Hours program. As a major fan of the Lizzie Borden legend, I was very interested in this program. I had read many books about this famous Fall River, Massachusetts murder and this show promised to add a new element to the legend. But I didn't watch it, at least not past the first two tiresome commercial breaks. Why? Because like most commercial television programs it had far too many commercials. There was a break every few minutes, and in that break there were at least 9 commercials. I will never understand why the American public puts up with more commercials than are necessary for any network to make a profit, especially when most people pay to have TV in the first place. Bad enough they run so many commercials, but they often repeat spots during the same break. Usually I turn to TCM or other commercial-free channel till the onslaught is over, but often when I turn back minutes later, it's still going on. And, have you noticed, it's getting worse? That's because not enough people are complaining. So if you're as fed up with these floods of commercials as I am,  call your local channel and complain, or send a letter to a network. If not, you'll be watching even more unnecessary commercials next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment