Thursday, December 31, 2020

FALSE ADVERTISING PAYS OFF.


I originally started this blog to comment on TV commercials, which I haven't done as often as I should. But I would like to comment on how much I detest the Prevagen commercials, which I think are complete lies. Sadly I have come to detest the supposedly sweet old seniors who swear they have taken Prevagen for years, which would be a very costly and wasteful undertaking. I particularly despise the very convincing black actor who says he has "the memory of an elephant." Having been in advertising for 40 years I know that talent has to take jobs when they appear. But I couldn't lie like these actors do. The Prevagen commercials bother me because it's another example of persons with no integrity getting rich with deceptive practices. Maybe they're not as shameful as Purdue who have hundreds of thousand  deaths on their hands, but Quincy Bioscience is still a pretty low company.


In 2017 the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) and the New York Attorney General sued Quincy Biosciences for making false claims. The primary issue asserted by the FTC is that proteins consumed orally, as in a pill or chewable tablet, go straight to the stomach where they get broken down into amino acids. In the form of amino acids, they can’t travel to the brain and then re-convert into a protein to replace any proteins lost due to aging. The story does not make sense from a science perspective. The FTC also charged Prevagen with making false claims stating the company’s own clinical study in actuality showed no statistically significant improvement in memory and cognitive function between those given Prevagen and those given a placebo.


30 CAPS - $87.99

No comments:

Post a Comment