Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Why Mount Ararat? Why not Fuji?

One of the many reasons I am an atheist is that the Bible doesn't seem to have any knowledge outside of it's chronological boundaries. When god was supposedly doing all this chatting to Abraham, Noah, and the prophets he never suggested anything about the future or even about other parts of the world other than the so-called Holy Land. If he once hinted at television, space travel, other planets, or the area that would become the United States I might be impressed. But no. The god of the Bible only knew the local neighborhoods. This suggests to me that the authors of the bible could only relate what they knew and had no connection with a omniscient deity who knew just about everything. I don't know why the Jews had to settle in the desert. Why couldn't god have given them a passage to Hawaii or the French Riviera? Because the authors of the bible didn't know they were there. Ergo god couldn't know they were there. This seems to be a very simple and valid argument to me. I wish more people knew how to comment on my blog so I could hear some good debate. Oh, well.

No comments:

Post a Comment