Wednesday, March 11, 2015

The trouble with Kindle.

I like Kindle. It's compact. It's easy to read. I travels well. And the bestselling books, while not cheap, are still less costly than the hard bounds. But there's something I don't like about it. And I'm rather surprised that Amazon hasn't addressed this issue. And here's what it is. With Kindle (at last my less costly model) you don't have numbered pages. Each page tells you what percentage of the book you have read. Knowing that you should have some idea of how much is left. But you don't. Because the percentage shown is for the entire book, which may include an extensive index or bibliography. The percentage should just be for the story itself. I personally find it annoying when I am really enjoy a book at the 70% point, and find that I've just finished it. That just happened with Tinseltown by William J. Mann. I was sure there was more juicy gossip.

No comments:

Post a Comment