Monday, March 23, 2015

Disney pulls a fast one.

I have a conspiracy theory. It was developed after reading so many glowing reports about Frozen, after seeing so many comments on the song, "Let It Go", and after so many references about the film on the ABC nightly news. I couldn't understand why this film was getting so much press, so much praise, and so much song play. I figured if it was that good I had to see it. Which I did. Last night. And I thought it sucked. I was the typical cliched Disney formula with princesses and villains, princes and sidekicks, lots and lots of fairy dust and more insipid songs that you find in most Disney films, the worst being the strident and meaningless "Let It Go". My conspiracy theory? Disney put a lot of money into promoting this film, paid off a lot of shills, and forced any associate like ABC news to push, push, push this mediocre fairy tale. I could go on and on with annoying details about the film, like how the princesses eyes are huge, but almost everyone else has normal orbs, and how there are too many contemporary expressions for this mythical setting. Disney is powerful. And if they want to make the world believe that Frozen is a masterpiece they have the money and the connections to do it. Which is chilling.

4 comments:

  1. I don't remember any bathroom humor in Frozen. There was a single line about how men pick their noses, but that was it. What am I not remembering?

    ReplyDelete
  2. In her song at the beginning the princess refers to being "gassy" which was totally inappropriate.There was another comment somewhere else.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm, I'll have to try to watch it again and catch that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. All I know is little girls love it.

    ReplyDelete