Saturday, March 7, 2015

Far too much information.


I miss the old days when toilet tissue commercials assumed you knew what the product was for. Now we have repulsive commercials like this one for Cottonelle where they have to make us aware of things we don't really want to think about. I had no idea what "going commando" meant, and I wish I  hadn't found out. In recent years Americans seem to have developed a taste for the scatological. It is a rare film that doesn't feature at least some bathroom humor. Almost all Disney films seem to have a nod to flatulence. They seem to have gotten it into their minds that all children are vulgar little boors. I would love for us to return to the days when going to the bathroom was a private matter and not a major entertainment theme.  But I don't think that's going to happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment