Friday, January 31, 2014

Igaga la rugur cha.

This is the weekend when I become a Martian. I couldn't feel less like I belong to this society than when I see all the excitement about the Super Bowl, an event that seems to me incredibly dull and meaningless. So, knowing that people are willing to spend, in some cases, over a thousand dollars  to sit in freezing temperatures to watch two teams rush at each other in attempts to capture a ball just as they have done a thousands of times before is beyond my understanding. The idea that grown men who play a game should be given millions of dollars and be hailed as heroes and role models leaves me baffled. The fact that these players in tight, shiny, butt-hugging  uniforms are considered the height of masculinity increases my amazement. But I am aware I am in the minority, however not completely alone, otherwise there wouldn't be the Puppy Bowl. And I would like to hear Renee Fleming sing the National Anthem, but I'll watch that on the Internet once the earthlings event is over.

No comments:

Post a Comment