Monday, January 20, 2014

Rustico goes bustico.

I don't cook. Actually it's a talent I wish I had. But I don't. All I can make is scrambled eggs. So I depend on processed food. The other day I saw this entree in the market. Sounds great doesn't it? Manicotti alla vodka. And the description made it even more irresistible, "manicotti stuffed with four cheeses in a creamy tomato vodka sauce, topped with mozzarella cheese." I've never bought a Bertolli product before. They are somewhat more costly than most packaged Italian meals, but look at it. Firm appetizing manicotti as artful as that of any Italian restaurant. The only problem is once you cook it, it's really just a bright pink shapeless mush which tastes good enough, but hardly lives up to the gourmet treat promised by such an appealing package.

No comments:

Post a Comment