Saturday, January 18, 2014

"What did you say?"

I'll never understand why people love loud music. Why spend a fortune at a fancy restaurant to have dinner with friends when the music is so loud, you can't hear your friends?  And it may not even be your  favorite music. Why spend another fortune for concert tickets to hear one of your favorite artists where the volume is so loud, you're not even really hearing the voices of the performers you supposedly admire? Tonight I went over to my local Publix in Miami. Blocks before I arrived I hear loud pulsating music (I call it music; I think of it as noise) coming from many blocks away. I assumed it was some restaurant event on the area's fashionable Brickell Avenue or nearby street. As I got closer, it got even louder, super loud, and I was still blocks away. It occurred to me that the persons attending this event whatever it was, were in great danger of damaging their hearing and even becoming deaf. That gave me great pleasure.

Note: I include this pissy motto because a lot of young people actually believe it. And while they feel smugly superior to anyone who doesn't play rock albums at super-high volume, they may already be hearing impaired. No wonder they now play their music louder and louder and louder.

No comments:

Post a Comment